When your into motorsports you need to know this. Nowadays there are a few people using the two stroke Dirt bike. As the sport progresses and the sport develops less people use these types of bikes. But still people like them!
- Two stroke bikes sound very good. When these bikes run it will surely catch everybody’s attention because of its cool sound. Every racer knows these. Just like your favorite celebrity, it’s a head turner when it makes that cool sound. Want to know your celebrity look alike, answer this simple quiz to find out: https://quizlagoon.com/quiz/sexuality-quiz/
- A 2-stroke bike have built in steep power curves. This is the curvature of the power.
- These bikes require more clutch. You need a clutch pump to increase the bikes rpn. A 4 stroke bike has a linear power so it doesn’t require more clutch action.
- These bikes have more room in its engine bay. If you see a 2 stroke bike you will notice that it has a small engine giving more room.
- These bikes are easier to work with. Having more room in its engine bay allows the rider to troubleshoot the bike easier. It makes repair more easy. Unlike 4 Stroke bike wherein you have to remove the engine during repairs. They are easier to work with.
- 2-stroke dirt bikes are cheaper to maintain. It has less moving parts which results to less parts wearing out.
- A 2-Stroke bike are cheaper to buy compared to the 4 stroke bike. The bikes are much more simple than the newer ones. There are less parts to maintain.
- These dirt bikes have less electronics than a 4-stroke bike. These bikes are usually carbonated unlike 4-Stroke that are fuel injected.
- These bikes are lighter allowing you to maneuvering it easier. It easier to roll them back in the track. It’s easier to perform some riding styles in this bike because they are lighter.
- These dirt bikes dances around the track more than a 4-stroke bike. Because of it being light it is less planted in the track causing it to swirl or dance a lot. It’s unstable on the track. Some can appreciate this but others don’t.
- These bikes require less engine breaking. This is good in a rough track because it allows you to stay a little bit lighter on these rough tracks making the bumps feel smoother.
- These bikes are only made by two major manufacturers. These two manufactures pushing these types of dirt bikes are Yamaha and KTM.
People may call a dying breed in dirt bikes but owning one can be great!